Translate

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

deep in the treetops

When you're deep in the treetops in the dead of night and turn around...
Ok, I admit I'm too consumed with minecraft to even stop and blog about it. I didn't want to admit it, but I'm coming clean. When you wake up from the coolest dream ever about being able to put cement blocks into the furnace to glaze into animal print blocks, you're there. I'm there, guys. I'm down that rabbit hole and I'm not coming out. Everything I do from now on is me tossing stuff out of this hole I'm in.

But imagine- the white blocks would glaze into zebra stripes, the yellow would get leopard spots, and so on. Cool, huh? I  have so many cool minecraft dreams, most of them are on Pinky blog. Wo, 181 posts over there tagged Minecraft. Wow. But seriously, I need someone to get on those ideas and make them real. By the way, these screenshots click back to the official server site if you want to check it out.

When someone stares at you till you look back and then pretends they weren't looking at you...
I've been playing on server since spring 2016, I think. I have logged on nearly every day that the server has been open. I have over 1600 hours logged on since they upgraded to the new server in January. Believe it or not, a few other players have double that over me. Anyway, over time, the server has become another limb, another gang to hang out with, another way to keep me focused on brain healing and positivity. When life kinda sux, go rip down a mesa and glaze a crapload of terracotta to sell in a player shop, lol.

I'm going to be logging in on Thanksgiving. I'm the kind of person who lives in a bubble. I can't go out and eat because super allergies, I can't visit other people because dogs (yes, super allergic to a dog licking my face and I'm not even kidding, and what's sad is I love dogs), I can't go *do* stuff because spoonie probs and I hit the fatigue wall long before other people are done having fun, so I live through the internet and TV. I love live tweeting and facebooking (I'm NOT chatty, but TV and memes are awesome), and now I love gaming.

I got my first warning today. I wrote 'biatch', lol. This warning shows up every time I log on, and I want to log on a lot to see it because it's probably the only warning I'll ever get. I've been playing a year and a half and that's my first warning.
I decided that, in spite of the challenges I share on Pinky blog about autism spectrum and depression and stuff, I'm going to step up and attempt being part of staff. I might not make it, or I might, either way I love the game and I'll just always be there. I'm not very good at in the moment sometimes, but this will be really good practice for me, especially if I wind up going more public in the future. I need all the practice I can get, really.

By the way, minecraft in general has been very good for me. It helps me focus through anxiety, it helps me brain flex while I work on goals and strategies, and it has helped me orient better in real life because I'm using my brain in so many ways on server with other people. Not everyone knows I've been recovering for years from an illness that knocked me offline a bit 13 years ago, and I don't remember what day (or month) it is a lot, and I get mixed up every day about something, but I realized yesterday that I remembered an entire phone number for the first time in years hours after glancing at it just once, and I'm very happy. I 'lost' numbers when I got sick. I went from thinking college algebra was easy peasy to not being able to remember two digits in a row, but I think having a player shop is doing some sweet healing in there in the ol' synaptic pathways or something.

I love running around and finding surprises. These little guys are so cute.
Where I live in real life really does look like minecraft. We have fields and forests and lots of rugged hills and a few rivers and lakes. I love that I can run around 'outside' and DO stuff. Sometimes I need to do more than read a book or watch a show or talk to someone. I need to create and problem solve and enjoy activities with other people.

I'm going to try to blog here more, hopefully time doesn't slip by me too fast like the last 6 weeks. I keep forgetting to get screen grabs. If you know me from other places, you know that's a big deal. If I'm enjoying what I'm doing so much that I forget to show other people, then I am really enjoying it. I can't wait till my wifi company installs fiber, one of the first things I'm going to try is a Kawaii World texture pack.

Click this one to see more.

No comments:

Post a Comment